This new offering is a resource developed in conjunction with the Military and Veterans Law Section. It highlights the military presence in Oregon, underscoring the need for legal resources to support our veterans and military and provides information about legal rights and benefits that may alter how you practice when your client or opponent is a veteran or military servicemember.
- Who Is a Veteran?
- Military Branches
- Oregon’s Military Presence
- Criminal Law for Veterans
- Getting Military Records, and Witnesses: Privacy Act, FOIA, and Touhy Requests
- The US Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- State Veterans’ Benefits and Resources
- Employment and Re-Employment Rights
- Helping Servicemembers on Active Duty and Veterans as Civil Litigants, Consumers, and Taxpayers
- Family Law Issues
- PTSD and TBI: Issues in Administrative and Criminal Forums
- Veteran-Focused Service Organizations
LAWYERLY FINE PRINT:
John Gear Law Office LLC and Salem Consumer Law. John Gear Law Office is in Suite 208B of the Security Building in downtown Salem at 161 High St. SE, across from the Elsinore Theater, a half-block south of Marion County Courthouse, just south of State Street. There is abundant, free 3-hour on-street parking throughout downtown Salem, and three multi-story parking ramps that offer free customer parking in downtown Salem too.
Our attorneys are only licensed to practice law in Oregon. This site may be considered advertising under Oregon State Bar rules. There is no legal advice on this site so you should not interpret anything you read here as intended for your particular situation. Besides, we are not representing you and we are not your attorneys unless you have hired us by entering into a representation agreement with me. While we do want you to consider us when you seek an attorney, you should not hire any attorney based on brochures, websites, advertising, or other promotional materials. All original content on this site is Copyright John Gear, 2010-2020.