This new offering is a resource developed in conjunction with the Military and Veterans Law Section. It highlights the military presence in Oregon, underscoring the need for legal resources to support our veterans and military and provides information about legal rights and benefits that may alter how you practice when your client or opponent is a veteran or military servicemember.
- Who Is a Veteran?
- Military Branches
- Oregon’s Military Presence
- Criminal Law for Veterans
- Getting Military Records, and Witnesses: Privacy Act, FOIA, and Touhy Requests
- The US Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- State Veterans’ Benefits and Resources
- Employment and Re-Employment Rights
- Helping Servicemembers on Active Duty and Veterans as Civil Litigants, Consumers, and Taxpayers
- Family Law Issues
- PTSD and TBI: Issues in Administrative and Criminal Forums
- Veteran-Focused Service Organizations
LAWYERLY FINE PRINT:
John Gear Law Office LLC and Salem Consumer Law; John@JohnGearLaw.com and SalemConsumerLaw.com. My office is in Suite 208B of the Security Building in downtown Salem at 161 High St. SE, across from the Elsinore Theater, a half-block south of Marion County Courthouse, just south of State Street. There is abundant, free 3-hour parking on my block and throughout downtown Salem, and three free parking multi-story parking ramps in downtown Salem as well.
I am only licensed to practice law in Oregon. This site may be considered advertising under Oregon State Bar rules. I don't give legal advice on this site; don't interpret anything you read here as intended for your particular situation. Besides, I'm not your attorney unless we have met in person and you have hired me by entering into a representation agreement with me. While I do want you to consider me when you seek an attorney, you should not hire any attorney based on brochures, websites, advertising, or other promotional materials. All original content on this site is Copyright John Gear, 2010-2019.